Ankle Sprain Care Kit
This brace is made exclusively by AirCast; one of the worlds leaders in acute ankle sprain bracing. Indeed, they've invented and patented this brace. There are many imitators, but none come close to the quality of this support. That is why this is the identical brace handed out by most emergency rooms for people with sprained ankles.
Features of this brace include
- A stiff outer shell provides support.
- A soft inner core provides comfort and compression.
- With each step, the brace gently "milks" fluid out of the swollen ankle.
- Anatomically contoured to provide optimal support and comfort.
- Allows motion in the "good direction" (flexion), while limiting "bad motions" (side to side and twisting movement).
This truly is the all-in-one care kit for anyone who has sprained their ankle!
The Ankle Sprain Care Kit not only contains the AirCast brace, which helps "milk" fluid out of the swollen ankle, but it also includes two other products to help in controlling swelling:
- A compressive wrap is provided in this kit to help control swelling in the first few days after a sprain.
- A multi-purpose ice pack is also included to decrease swelling via the use of cryotherapy. When you are finished using it it, simply pop it back into the freezer. You can re-use it many times and even save it in case of future injuries.
The Ankle Sprain Care Kit helps you in your recovery from your injury. The most important way to recover from an ankle sprain is called "functional management". This means resting the ankle for a short period of time, then moving and strengthening it to prevent stiffness and long-term disability.
Many orthopedic research studies have proven that if you strengthen the muscles around your ankle, then you can help to prevent recurrent (future) sprains! Included in this kit are an instruction booklet, video, and exercise band to help you:
- Recover your motion.
- Regain your flexibility.
- Improve your strength to prevent another sprain.
The aircast comes in two sizes:
- Medium: fits adults up to 5'4" tall.
- Large: fits most adults 5'4" and taller
You will also need to specify whether the aircast is for your right or left leg.