The following item(s) have been added to your basket:
Other People Also Bought:
price match guarantee
Lowest Price Guarantee
We guarantee prices on all our DonJoy (djOrtho) and Innovation Sports knee braces. This means that if you find the product cheaper, elsewhere, we will refund you 110% of the difference! All you need to do is submit the following form to obtain your best price. We will credit you the 110% difference upon processing your order.
- Competitor's price must be reported to us within 14 days of purchase.
- You must give us information to validate your claim, e.g., web site page, what you clicked on, etc. The product must be purchasable through the competitor's web site or via telephone. It must be in stock, and not an “open-box”, “worn”, or “refurbished” item.
- We will review the information you submitted and credit your card appropriately. We may either alter the amount charged to your credit card on your order, or submit a credit for the difference.
- We do not price match auction sites. We also reserve the right to refuse to beat the competitor's price (When might this happen? We have seen cases where competitors have made an error on their web site and have sold products far below cost, e.g., a $129 brace sold for $12.90). In this situation, we will inform you immediately and give you the opportunity to cancel your order with full refund.
- Competitor must be based in the United States or Canada.
- hassle free returns
Hassle Free Return & Exchange Policy
We want you to have an enjoyable experience shopping at JointHealing.com. Please follow these simple instructions carefully to ensure your highest satisfaction. Failure to follow these instructions could result in refusal of the returned item.
If you have any questions about this policy, please write to Customer Service using our contact us form. We will be happy to answer any of your questions promptly, and guide you through the exchange or return process as needed.
We will accept returns for all products we sell, with the exception of
- JointBuilder Glucosamine — vitamin supplement
- Cryotherapy units — PolarCare Cub, Iceman and DuraKold Units. Returns accepted only for units that are experiencing mechanical malfunction.
- Gift certificates
- We will gladly exchange products that do not fit properly for the appropriate size. We will pay for the shipping of the new product back to you.
- Returns and exchanges must be initiated within 30 days of purchase. For orders placed outside of the continental United States, we will accept returns that are initiated within 30 days of purchase.
- For returns, if you follow the following instructions properly, we will credit you the cost of the brace, minus shipping charge.
Instructions for returns or exchanges
- All products must be in excellent, as-new condition. This means that it is okay for you to try the product on, walk around your home with it, and see how it fits; but it is not okay for you to go play a football game in it then return it. If there is a problem with the quality of your product after you have worn it, then please contact us (see below) and we can assist you in handling the manufacturer's warranty.
- All products must be in their original packaging, with original insert instructions.
- Returns must be initiated within 30 days of purchase. (30 days for orders outside continental U.S.) "Initiated" means that you must contact us to receive a return form, or download this return/exchange worksheet form. See next item.
- You can contact us for a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA), or you can download this return/exchange worksheet form. Please write to Customer Service using our contact us form
- Notice on the return/exchange form the proper address to which to send the product. We recommend that you ship the product by FedEx Insured — this ensures that the product will get back safe and sound, plus we will be able to track it if there are any problems. Shipping the product to us at any address other than the one you were given upon issuance of the RMA will result in an additional $25 processing fee, up to, but not exceeding the cost of your item.
- The product must be received within 10 days of the issue of the RMA, except for international orders, which will be accepted up to 20 days after the form is issued. Failure to receive the product within this time frame could result in refusal of the return.
- Once we have received your product, and documented that it is in excellent condition as detailed above, we will issue a refund to your credit card. This usually takes 21 to 28 days from when we receive the product. We normally send you an e-mail confirming the refund. However, you may not see the refund on your card until the next billing cycle. The refund we issue covers the purchase price of the product, plus tax, if applicable. The shipping charges to you (and back to us) are non-refundable. If the product is not in good condition, we will contact you and make arrangements to send it back to you, if you desire.
- If you sent the product back for an exchange (e.g., wrong size or style, product malfunction), we will send the new product back to you at our cost. This process also takes 21 to 28 days to process. You will receive an e-mail confirming that the new brace has been shipped. If you need the new brace quickly, we will suggest that you order the new brace on our web site immediately. Most braces are in stock and will ship the next business day. Once we receive your return, we will issue a refund to your credit card.
Thank you in advance for your attention to this request.
- free shipping
Free Shipping Offer
New! We are currently offering free ground shipping within the continental United States for all orders over $49.00
Unlike many other brace shops on the internet, or even in your hometown, all of our braces are in-stock. This means that all items are usually shipped within 24 business hours of purchase. If we are not able to ship a product to you within 72 hours (for example, it is on backorder from the manufacturer; unfortunately we have no control over those situations), we will notify you by e-mail (be sure to enter a valid e-mail address) or telephone. You then have the option to cancel the order at no cost to you, if you wish, or wait for the product to arrive.
We ship within the Continental United States using US Postal Service (USPS) or UPS so that all orders can be tracked and are appropriately insured. You may select among the various shipping options (Ground, 2nd Day Air, Next Day Air) in the shopping cart. USPS Priority Mail, our default option, will deliver to most of the U.S. within 2 days! (This is not guaranteed, however. For more urgent matters, we suggest you use UPS 2nd day or Next Day, which are guaranteed by UPS.) Upon submission of your order to the shopping cart, you will receive a notice, typically within the next 24-48 hours, indicating that your order has been shipped and specifying your tracking number. Please note that UPS cannot ship to a P.O. Box or APO; in this case, we please select shipping via USPS.
You can check the status of your order, once it is shipped, by entering your tracking number at the appropriate shipper's tracking site.
Important: Please note that it typically takes up to 24 business hours for our products to be processed in our warehouse. Please keep this in mind when ordering on weekends or holidays. For example, if you order a brace on Saturday morning and request 2nd Day Air, the order will most likely be processed in our warehouse on Monday, and you should receive it by Wednesday. Also important is that special order braces may take up to 48 business hours to be processed by the appropriate manufacturer.
Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is by the USPS; please select this option in our cart. Your order is typically received within 3 days of when we ship it! Again, note that you will not receive a tracking number.
Learn more about this product:
- Doctor's Comments
Joint BuilderTM uses cutting edge technology to provide your body with these nutritional supplements through their patented technology called Quick-SolvTM tablets which dissolve within several minutes after ingestion. Some of the more commercial forms of glucosamine have waxes and coatings that make them look nice, but the absorption is severely reduced and you end up flushing away these nutrients down the drain. Quick-SolvTM tablets are only found with Joint BuilderTM. This is our preferred brand of Glucosamine Sulfate with MSM and other vitamins to help heal injured cartilage.
Glucosamine Sulfate is a stable, clinically studied source of glucosamine that stimulates the production of glycosaminoglycans that are the fundamental building blocks required for cartilage growth. Glucosamine is also an essential building block of proteoglycans, hyluronaic acid (a component of joint lubrication) and glycolipids. It is essential for the proper formation of tendons, ligaments, synovial fluid, bones, nails and blood vessels. Joint BuildersTM glucosamine is naturally water soluble and low in molecular weight, thereby offering rapid and high absorption (over 90%). For more information about glucosamine in general, see our Glucosamine Page.
MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) is a naturally occurring substance found in most freshly cut or picked plants. MSM is a sulfur donor. When a plant is cut such, as grass, this sulfur is released and this is why you have that wonderful smell. However, MSM is volatile and is rapidly lost after fruits and vegetables are harvested. MSM may be lacking in our modern diet since we rarely have the opportunity to eat freshly harvested fruits and vegetables. MSM may have some favorable benefits in the treatment of arthritis. MSM donates its vital sulfur to allow your body to utilize such essential vitamins as Vitamin B, which are essential for cartilage growth. MSM has also been theorized to reduce inflammation by increasing the effectiveness of cortisol, which is the body's own natural inflammation fighter. MSM is relatively safe even at large doses and has little known and documented side effects.
Manganese is a mineral important for the synthesis of cartilage components and is also considered an antioxidant because it is vital to the function of the antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase (SOD). Maganese has been used in Europe to treat inflammation of joints, tendons and ligaments. Maganese is found naturally in many whole foods such as nuts, beans, oatmeal, and beef liver. However, it is usually lacking in processed foods.
Vitamin C is the most famous vitamin known for its ability to act as an antioxidant. However, it is also very important in cartilage production as well as protecting your cartilage from free-radical breakdown. We normally obtain our vitamin C from citrus fruits, but the high contents of vitamin C are usually lost when we discard the outer skins or leaves.
Vitamin D3 is an essential vitamin linked to healthy bones and joints. Lack of vitamin D usually leads to poor utilization of calcium. We have recently found that women with lower levels of vitamin D3 have alterations in their genetic code causing more rapid progression of arthritis on x-rays. We have also found that women with lower levels of vitamin D exhibited a three-fold increase in the progression of their arthritis. The best natural source of vitamin D is cold water fish, butter and eggs. However, the concern of many women about low fat diets has caused many to seek other forms of vitamin D such as supplements.
When comparing to other brands, please make sure you're comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges:
- Does the other brand have all the other vitamins that JointBuilder contains (MSM, manganese, Vit C & D)? You may pay a lot more to get these in addition and have to take more pills.
- How many milligrams (mg) of glucosamine does the other brand provide? Some will only provide 500mg; you'll need to take at least 3 of those a day!
- How many months will one bottle last you, assuming that you take 1500mg a day? Joint Builder provides you with a two month supply in one bottle! Most other brands provide you with a month or less.
- Is the other glucosamine you're considering a generic or unknown company brand? You want to be sure that you're getting pharmaceutical-grade, high quality glucosamine and not some quickie formulation with untested quality.
This is our preferred brand of Glucosamine Sulfate with MSM and other vitamins to help heal injured cartilage.
To learn more about Glucosamine in general, please see Glucosamine FAQ tab.
JointHealing.Com has selected Joint BuilderTM because of its superior quality and affordable price. Joint Builder's manufacturing process and purity specifications have passed stringent independent tests ensuring you the highest quality product on the market. Joint BuilderTM was also chosen because it contains most of the vital supplements your cartilage requires to repair itself in one bottle. Two tablets of Joint BuilderTM contain:
Supplement Amount % Daily Value Glucosamine sulfate 1500 mg *** MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) 500 mg *** Manganese (as Gluconate) 1 mg 50% Vitamin C (Calcium Ascorbate) 100 mg 167% Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 100 IU 25% *** Daily Value not established. Other ingredients: calcium phosphate, cellulose, stearic acid, magnesium sterate, modified cellulose gum, silica. Contains NO common allergen.
The most commonly asked questions about glucosamine are listed below.
- What is Glucosamine? Glucosamine is a nutritional supplement that can stimulate specific components of your cartilage to thrive and reproduce. Glucosamine has been used for decades in Europe for the treatment of arthritis with favorable results. Glucosamine has also been used for many years by veterinarians to treat arthritis in dogs, horses and other pets. It became popular in the United States for humans in the mid nineties after Jane Brody, a prominent New York Times Columnist, wrote about its benefits for her dog. The interest exploded after the book "The Arthritis Cure" by Jason Theodosakis hit the best seller list in 1997. Glucosamine comes from chitin that is the covering of shellfish or insects. Chitin contains the highest concentration of Glucosamine sulfate in nature and is a very safe form of this nutritional supplement.
- Are there Different Types of Glucosamine?
There are basically three forms of Glucosamine available today. These are:
- Glucosamine Sulfate
- Glucosamine Hydrochloride
- Glucosamine NAS
- How Does Glucosamine Sulfate Work? Glucosamine Sulfate works by stimulating the production of a very important structure in your cartilage called the Glycosamine Glycans ( GAG). Your GAG acts as a nutrient base for the growth of your cartilage. Stimulating this complex will increase the production of your cartilage over time. This healing process is what reduces your pain.
- How Long Do I need to Take Glucosamine Sulfate? Most people report that their pain starts to decrease after taking Glucosamine Sulfate for approximately 2 months. Thus, don't be discouraged if your pain is not immediately reduced. You should take Glucosamine Sulfate for at least three months at the maximum recommended dose. Once your pain begins to subside, you may start to slowly decrease the amount of your Glucosamine Sulfate. If your pain returns, you should increase your dosage to the maximum dosage for another two to three months.
- What is the Average dosage of Glucosamine Sulfate?
Although there is no "official recommended dose", most experts using Glucosamine Sulfate would recommend the following, based on your weight:
- 200 lbs. (91 kg) or less - 1,500mg of Glucosamine Sulfate per day
- Over 200 lbs.(91 kg) - 2,000mg- 2,250mg per day
Are There Side Effects to Glucosamine? One of the best attributes of Glucosamine Sulfate is its ability to target the underlying cause of your arthritis with causing very few unwanted side effects. Anti inflammatories (known as NSAIDS) such as Ibuprofen (MotrinTM) or aspirin are traditionally used by physicians to treat the pain associated with arthritis. However, these medications do not address the underlying cause of your arthritis. They just cover-up your pain. In addition, they cause unwanted side effects such as stomach ulcers; as well as kidney and liver failure. Furthermore, most NSAIDS actually decrease your body's production of new cartilage. This is very disturbing information because you may be actually making your problem worse by taking these NSAIDS.
In recent scientific studies, Glucosamine Sulfate has been shown to have a significantly lower rate of unwanted side effects while producing superior long-term relief of pain associated with osteoarthritis. The most commonly reported side effect was gastrointestinal discomfort (upset stomach) which was well below the reported side effects of NSAIDS. There has also been some question of the ability of Glucosamine Sulfate to elevate blood sugars; however, there has been no substantial evidence to support this claim. NOTE: If you are considering the use of Glucosamine Sulfate or any other nutritional supplement, you should discuss this with your physician.
- What about Chodroitin Sulfate? Chondroitin Sulfate is another nutritional supplement that is usually added to glucosamine formulations. Chondroitin is speculated to work together with the glucosamine to protect your cartilage from further destruction and to draw in more moisture into the cartilage. However, some earlier studies on the absorption of Chondroitin Sulfate from your intestines has shown that it is very poorly absorbed and a majority of the product was excreted through your urine. The major source of Chondroitin is from the trachea (wind pipe) of cows. Thus, if you are a vegetarian or you are concerned about the detrimental effects of beef, especially such things as "mad cow disease", you may want to avoid Chondroitin Sulfate. In addition, you can obtain chondroitin from other sources in your diet such as the gristle found around the bones of meat.
- Are there any other supplements I should take for arthritis? Yes, there are! Such supplements as vitamin C, D and E have proven benefits in reducing the progression of your osteoarthritis. The mineral maganese has some evidence suggesting that it may be helpful in the recovery from arthritis. Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is a biologic form of sulfur that has some preliminary evidence of its ability to reduce pain in-patients with arthritis. Please see our Joint Builder for more information on why these other supplements may be helpful.
- Does it make a difference where I buy my Glucosamine or which brand I buy? Yes, it certainly does. The vitamin and food supplement market is not very regulated by the FDA, as the prescription drug market it. There are hundreds of different brands out there made by hundreds of different manufacturers. Unfortunately, not all these brands have pure glucosamine sulfate, produced to pharmaceutical grade standards. That explains why some people have better luck with one brand over another. Our glucosamine formula, JointBuilder, has been clinically tested and is of the highest quality pharmaceutical-grade glucosamine on the market. It is the exact formulation we recommend to our patients. We see it work for them on a daily basis and therefore can recommend it without hesitation.
I have personally used this on all of my patients and family members and feel this is the best quality Glucosamine SULFATE. Remember, that the Sulfate form is the only form that works. The MSM allows maximum sulfur donation to help reduce pain and use.