The following item(s) have been added to your basket:
Other People Also Bought:
JointBuilder glucosamine is a medical-grade glucosamine sulfate supplement to help people with arthritis to relieve pain and improve flexibility.
Purchase Now and get 15% off JointBuilder Glucosamine
Regular Price $20.49
DonJoy Tru-Pull Advanced Knee Brace
price match guarantee
Warning: readfile(../../../ss-data/templates/includes/pricematchguarantee): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jointhealing/www/cgi-bin/bo/features.php on line 9
hassle free returns
Warning: readfile(../../../ss-data/templates/includes/hasslefreereturns): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jointhealing/www/cgi-bin/bo/features.php on line 13
Warning: readfile(../../../ss-data/templates/includes/freeshipping): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jointhealing/www/cgi-bin/bo/features.php on line 17
Learn more about this product:
- Doctor's Comments
Introducing, the DonJoy Tru-Pull Advanced pateller knee brace.
This is our premier patellar brace. It was specifically designed to give patients with the following problems significant pain relief:
Patellar (kneecap) problems
- Chondromalacia patella (kneecap)
Excess lateral pressure syndrome
Tight lateral retinaculum
Often, treatment of these patellar (kneecap) problems includes patellar taping by physical therapists or athletic trainers. However, taping can cause significant injury to the skin, and most patients cannot tolerate the taping for periods of time exceeding a few weeks. The DonJoy Tru-Pull patellar brace design provides a medial pull onto the patella to help realign the kneecap, which is typically the problem for most patients with the above problems. It was designed by Dr. John Fulkerson, a world-renowned expert on patellofemoral disorders.
The two straps of the DonJoy Tru-Pull Advanced patellar knee brace course above and under the patella, allowing the wearer to adjust the amount and direction of the pull to comfort. Because these straps do not sit directly over the patella, it decreases the problem of excess patellar compression seen with other knee and patellar braces. Overall, this premier patellar brace will provide enhanced patellar and stability over our other popular patellar brace, the DonJoy Lateral J.
We offer both hinged and non-hinged versions. The hinged version, the DonJoy Tru-Pull Advanced Hinged patellar knee brace, has some lightweight hinges on the side of the brace that will provide additional stability to the knee and resist twisting and torsion effects on the knee.
Features of the DonJoy Tru-Pull Advanced patellar knee brace include
An elastomeric pull device, with pull straps above and below the patella (kneecap). This has a “rubber band” type effect providing a strong dynamic pull on the patella as the knee extends.
Independent anchors that prevent rotation of the patellar brace, and provide a “True” and consistent pull on the patella (kneecap) to avoid lateral subluxation.
A trimable, adjustable buttress that allows for versatility of the contact area.
Your choice of 1/4" and 3/8" buttresses to give you a customized amount of leverage.
Breathable Drytex material – a unique neoprene alternative – that makes this patellar brace light and comfortable.
Versions with and without popliteal cutout. We sell the version without the popliteal cutout, but if you would prefer the brace with the cutout, please contact customer service and let us know.
New, unique materials that give this brace a non-medical look.
A brace that is so easy to put on, you will want to wear it all of the time!
Frequently asked questions about the DonJoy Tru-Pull Advanced patellar knee brace include
- How does it work? The natural tendency of the patella (knee-cap) is to tend go out to the side of the knee. This is due to the alignment of the average person's bones, as well as muscle forces and ligaments. In some people, this force that pushes the kneecap out to the side can become excessive and cause pain on the outside of the kneecap or underneath the kneecap (see chondromalacia). In other people, trauma can cause loosening of the ligaments and cause the kneecap to partially or completely dislocate (see patellar instability). This can also happen without any serious trauma. The DonJoy Tru-Pull Advanced patellar knee brace helps reduce the pain associated with these problems, ans well as protecting against them by providing an elastomeric (i.e., rubber like) pull device that can dynamically pull on the kneecap when you extend your knee, which improves tracking of kneecap in the intercondylar groove.
- Are there any hinges or metals stays on this knee brace? No. The DonJoy Tru-Pull Advanced patellar knee brace has no hinges. However, we also sell hinged version, the DonJoy Tru-Pull Advanced Hinged patellar knee brace, which does have hinges that are very lightweight and provide additional stability to the knee. If you require extra stability to your knee (for example you have mild arthritis, an MCL or LCL tear, ACL or PCL injury, or a meniscus tear), you should consider the hinged version.
- Is there a different brace for right and left knees? Yes. The position of the elastomeric pull device and buttress is different, depending on whether the brace is designed to fit a right or left knee. Please be sure to specify left or right knee when ordering.
- I need a brace for both my left and right knee, do you offer a package? Yes. Be sure to select the item from the drop-down list that shows both left AND right.
All measurements taken six (6) inches (15 centimeters) above the middle of the kneecap. See our knee brace measuring guide for more information.
For the DonJoy Tru-Pull patellar brace, we recommend the following sizes:
|Small||14" to 16" |
(35.5 - 40.5 cm)
|Medium||16" to 19" |
(40.5 - 48 cm)
|Large||19" to 21 1/2" |
(48 - 54.5 cm)
|XLarge||21 1/2" to 24 1/2" |
(54.5 - 62 cm)
|XX-Large||24 1/2" to 28" |
(62 - 71 cm)
|XXX-Large||28" to 30 1/2" |
(71 - 77 cm)
As a general rule, most men will wear Large or X-Large braces, most women will wear Medium or Large braces. Of course, it depends on the size of your thighs! (don't worry, we keep that information confidential...)
Along with the Breg PTO, this is one of my all time favorite braces for patients with patella (knee cap) instability - it helps to center the patella throughout your range of motion and prevent lateral dislocations/subluxations. My patients find it far more comfortable and convenient than patellar taping.