The following item(s) have been added to your basket:
Other People Also Bought:
DonJoy Telescoping TROM Post Operative Knee Brace
The DonJoy Telescoping TROM post operative knee brace is the most versatile post-operative brace for most knee surgeries such as ACL, MCL, tendon repairs, fractures and cartilage surgery.
This Brace uses Universal sizing and will fit almost anyone.
price match guarantee
Warning: readfile(../../../ss-data/templates/includes/pricematchguarantee): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jointhealing/www/cgi-bin/bo/features.php on line 9
hassle free returns
Warning: readfile(../../../ss-data/templates/includes/hasslefreereturns): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jointhealing/www/cgi-bin/bo/features.php on line 13
Warning: readfile(../../../ss-data/templates/includes/freeshipping): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jointhealing/www/cgi-bin/bo/features.php on line 17
Learn more about this product:
- Doctor's Comments
The DonJoy Telescoping TROM post operative knee brace is one of the most versatile knee braces we offer to our patients. This is an easy-to-use post operative knee brace that can adjust the range of motion with the click of a button. You don't have to fumble with pins or awkward plastic coverings. A simple click of the button sets the versatile hinge to a comfortable range of motion. The telescoping function allows you to adjust the length of the composite structural stays to a customized length for optimal protection and comfort.
The DonJoy Telescoping TROM is shorter (18 inches) than the standard TROM, allowing for more active rehab exercises. The Telescoping TROM allows flexion and extension adjustments at the touch of a button and a quick lock from 0 to 90 degrees in 10-degree increments.
Many of our patients use the DonJoy Telescoping TROM post operative knee brace for the following:
Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Reconstructions
Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) or Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) ligament injuries
Patellar (Knee Cap) realignment surgeries
Patellar or Quadriceps Tendon repairs
Knee Cartilage Surgery
Stable fractures (cracks) of the patella(knee cap) distal femur (thigh bone) or proximal tibia(upper shin bone)
Features of the DonJoy Telescoping TROM post operative knee brace include the following:
Easy to adjust hinges with just a push of a button
State-of-the-art TROM hinge for more natural knee motion
Quick release buckles for easy application
Telescoping composite stabilizers allow easy custom adjustment to provide optimal comfort and stability like no other brace
Easily removable and washable or replaceable liners
This knee brace uses universal sizing. One size fits all knees up to a thigh circumference of 26 inches.
Frequently asked questions about the DonJoy TROM knee brace include
- Will the DonJoy Telescoping TROM post operative knee brace limit my motion? Yes. That's the idea! Your health care professional will set the brace to provide as much, or as little motion as is needed to allow your knee to heal. For example, your doctor may set the brace to allow range of motion from 0 - 70 degrees; you will not be able to bend your knee past 70 degrees with the brace on, with those settings.
- Are special instruments necessary to set the knee brace motion? No. The DonJoy Telescoping TROM knee brace is easily adjustable by simple click-stop buttons on either side of the brace.
- Does insurance cover the DonJoy Telescoping TROM post operative knee brace? You will have to check with your insurance company regarding your specific policy. Some companies cover these knee braces fully, others require a co-pay, and some do not cover them at all. A frequent problem we see in our own practices is that someone may get one of these knee braces and it will get dirty or damaged from long-term use. The insurance company typically will not pay for a replacement in this situation.
- Is this a "post-op knee brace"? Yes. This type of knee brace goes by many names, including "post-op", "post-operative", "range of motion", and "ROM" knee brace.
- How do I know if the DonJoy Telescoping TROM post operative knee brace is best for my knee problem? For our patients, we typically use the DonJoy Telescoping TROM knee brace after ACL reconstruction, meniscus repairs, and patella or quadriceps tendon repairs. Whereas we use the DonJoy IROM knee brace for knee fractures where we need to specifically limit range of motion.
- What's the difference between the TROM and IROM knee braces? The DonJoy Telescoping TROM post operative knee brace is easy-to-use and very high quality. We also sell the DonJoy IROM post opertaive knee brace, so why sell the TROM as well? The TROM has "drop-lock hinges" on the sides that allow you to walk with your leg out straight, but then allow flexion (bending at the knee) when you're sitting. The DonJoy IROM has a set range-of-motion allowance and it is difficult to easily implement this feature. The TROM has easier-to-set range of motion settings, but that also means that they can be accidentally changed more easily. The IROM has more increments in its range-of-motion settings (10 degrees) vs. the TROM.
- What's special about the DonJoy Telescoping TROM post operative knee brace compared to other brands? The main difference is quality. We have seen many competitor's post-operative or rehabilitation braces fall apart after just a few weeks of use. As this brace is usually meant to be worn continually for many weeks, quality of workmanship is an important factor in selecting the right brace for you. In addition, the drop-lock hinge design is unique and allows for easy switching from straight-leg gait to bending while sitting; most other rehabilitation braces do not have this feature.
- Are there different sizes? No. The DonJoy TROM knee brace is not sided, which means it will work for both right or left knees. It is also univerally sized, and adjustable to fit the thigh and calf with velcro pads, and detachable hinges.