The following item(s) have been added to your basket:
Other People Also Bought:
DonJoy OA Everyday
price match guarantee
Lowest Price Guarantee
We guarantee prices on all our DonJoy (djOrtho) and Innovation Sports knee braces. This means that if you find the product cheaper, elsewhere, we will refund you 110% of the difference! All you need to do is submit the following form to obtain your best price. We will credit you the 110% difference upon processing your order.
- Competitor's price must be reported to us within 14 days of purchase.
- You must give us information to validate your claim, e.g., web site page, what you clicked on, etc. The product must be purchasable through the competitor's web site or via telephone. It must be in stock, and not an “open-box”, “worn”, or “refurbished” item.
- We will review the information you submitted and credit your card appropriately. We may either alter the amount charged to your credit card on your order, or submit a credit for the difference.
- We do not price match auction sites. We also reserve the right to refuse to beat the competitor's price (When might this happen? We have seen cases where competitors have made an error on their web site and have sold products far below cost, e.g., a $129 brace sold for $12.90). In this situation, we will inform you immediately and give you the opportunity to cancel your order with full refund.
- Competitor must be based in the United States or Canada.
- hassle free returns
Hassle Free Return & Exchange Policy
We want you to have an enjoyable experience shopping at JointHealing.com. Please follow these simple instructions carefully to ensure your highest satisfaction. Failure to follow these instructions could result in refusal of the returned item.
If you have any questions about this policy, please write to Customer Service using our contact us form. We will be happy to answer any of your questions promptly, and guide you through the exchange or return process as needed.
We will accept returns for all products we sell, with the exception of
- JointBuilder Glucosamine — vitamin supplement
- Cryotherapy units — PolarCare Cub, Iceman and DuraKold Units. Returns accepted only for units that are experiencing mechanical malfunction.
- Gift certificates
- We will gladly exchange products that do not fit properly for the appropriate size. We will pay for the shipping of the new product back to you.
- Returns and exchanges must be initiated within 30 days of purchase. For orders placed outside of the continental United States, we will accept returns that are initiated within 30 days of purchase.
- For returns, if you follow the following instructions properly, we will credit you the cost of the brace, minus shipping charge.
Instructions for returns or exchanges
- All products must be in excellent, as-new condition. This means that it is okay for you to try the product on, walk around your home with it, and see how it fits; but it is not okay for you to go play a football game in it then return it. If there is a problem with the quality of your product after you have worn it, then please contact us (see below) and we can assist you in handling the manufacturer's warranty.
- All products must be in their original packaging, with original insert instructions.
- Returns must be initiated within 30 days of purchase. (30 days for orders outside continental U.S.) "Initiated" means that you must contact us to receive a return form, or download this return/exchange worksheet form. See next item.
- You can contact us for a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA), or you can download this return/exchange worksheet form. Please write to Customer Service using our contact us form
- Notice on the return/exchange form the proper address to which to send the product. We recommend that you ship the product by FedEx Insured — this ensures that the product will get back safe and sound, plus we will be able to track it if there are any problems. Shipping the product to us at any address other than the one you were given upon issuance of the RMA will result in an additional $25 processing fee, up to, but not exceeding the cost of your item.
- The product must be received within 10 days of the issue of the RMA, except for international orders, which will be accepted up to 20 days after the form is issued. Failure to receive the product within this time frame could result in refusal of the return.
- Once we have received your product, and documented that it is in excellent condition as detailed above, we will issue a refund to your credit card. This usually takes 21 to 28 days from when we receive the product. We normally send you an e-mail confirming the refund. However, you may not see the refund on your card until the next billing cycle. The refund we issue covers the purchase price of the product, plus tax, if applicable. The shipping charges to you (and back to us) are non-refundable. If the product is not in good condition, we will contact you and make arrangements to send it back to you, if you desire.
- If you sent the product back for an exchange (e.g., wrong size or style, product malfunction), we will send the new product back to you at our cost. This process also takes 21 to 28 days to process. You will receive an e-mail confirming that the new brace has been shipped. If you need the new brace quickly, we will suggest that you order the new brace on our web site immediately. Most braces are in stock and will ship the next business day. Once we receive your return, we will issue a refund to your credit card.
Thank you in advance for your attention to this request.
- free shipping
Free Shipping Offer
New! We are currently offering free ground shipping within the continental United States for all orders over $49.00
Unlike many other brace shops on the internet, or even in your hometown, all of our braces are in-stock. This means that all items are usually shipped within 24 business hours of purchase. If we are not able to ship a product to you within 72 hours (for example, it is on backorder from the manufacturer; unfortunately we have no control over those situations), we will notify you by e-mail (be sure to enter a valid e-mail address) or telephone. You then have the option to cancel the order at no cost to you, if you wish, or wait for the product to arrive.
We ship within the Continental United States using US Postal Service (USPS) or UPS so that all orders can be tracked and are appropriately insured. You may select among the various shipping options (Ground, 2nd Day Air, Next Day Air) in the shopping cart. USPS Priority Mail, our default option, will deliver to most of the U.S. within 2 days! (This is not guaranteed, however. For more urgent matters, we suggest you use UPS 2nd day or Next Day, which are guaranteed by UPS.) Upon submission of your order to the shopping cart, you will receive a notice, typically within the next 24-48 hours, indicating that your order has been shipped and specifying your tracking number. Please note that UPS cannot ship to a P.O. Box or APO; in this case, we please select shipping via USPS.
You can check the status of your order, once it is shipped, by entering your tracking number at the appropriate shipper's tracking site.
Important: Please note that it typically takes up to 24 business hours for our products to be processed in our warehouse. Please keep this in mind when ordering on weekends or holidays. For example, if you order a brace on Saturday morning and request 2nd Day Air, the order will most likely be processed in our warehouse on Monday, and you should receive it by Wednesday. Also important is that special order braces may take up to 48 business hours to be processed by the appropriate manufacturer.
Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is by the USPS; please select this option in our cart. Your order is typically received within 3 days of when we ship it! Again, note that you will not receive a tracking number.
Learn more about this product:
Affordable medial unloader knee bracing for patients with knee arthritis!
This is DonJoy's newest addition to their off-the-shelf product line of knee braces. It is designed for persons with arthritis in their knee. Many people typically develop arthritis on just one side of the knee (usually the medial – inside – of the knee). For these people, a full knee replacement may not be the best solution. Often, their physician will recommend an "unloader" knee brace, such as this one. What these knee braces do is shift some of the stress away from the arthritic portion of the knee – this often provides significant pain relief.
The DonJoy OA Everyday Medial Unloader knee brace allows people to return to the activities of daily living. This is important because we know that regular activity is actually good for an arthritic knee. Activity helps to stimulate the cartilage cells in your knee. In addition, staying active helps you to keep your weight down, which is critical for knee health.
The DonJoy OA Everyday Medial Unloader knee brace has an easy-to-adjust design. In addition, the knee brace's short overall length makes it convenient to wear. It has a sweeping medial thigh and calf frame, which decreases the knee brace's profile on the inside of your knee – so that the brace does not rub excessively on your other knee. Importantly, it has a friendly quick-release buckle system which allows it to be placed on and off easily.
Features of the DonJoy OA Everyday Medial Unloader Knee Brace include
- Patient controlled telescoping condyle pad. Allows the patient to "fine tune" the unloading strength based on the activies they plan on doing.
- Lightweight – only 19 oz!
- Anterior application with quick-release straps – easy application.
- Ergonomic sweeping medial thigh and calf frame
- Relatively short overall length – 12 1/2"
- Contoured cuff shells oppose the three-point load and redistribute it across a broader surface area.
- Swivel straps and Sili-grips provide padding to decrease knee brace migration up or down your leg
- Floam™ condyle pad with 100% memory foam for increased comfort and compliance
- Thermoformed suede padding is standard on each knee brace
- Why did JointHealing select the DonJoy OA Everyday Medial Unloader knee brace over other osteoarthritis knee braces? We have been searching for years for an unloader knee brace that we felt would be appropriate to sell in our store. We have rejected many other models, from DonJoy and other companies for various reasons. For example, we found that many other knee braces were too difficult or complicated to adjust. In addition, we found some of the other knee braces to be uncomfortable. We've seen this a lot in our medical practice – patients come in carrying a practically new knee brace that we prescribed months ago. When we ask them how the knee brace is working, they tell us: "Great!", but they never actually wear it because it is too uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time. Well, we feel that DonJoy has finally overcome these obstacles with the OA Everyday Medial Unloader knee brace – it is easy to apply, easy to adjust, and comfortable to wear. All the criteria we've been looking for!
- How do I know if the DonJoy OA Everyday Medial Unloader knee brace is right for me? We recommend that you see your doctor to make sure that you have primarily "unicompartmental arthritis" – this means that the arthritis is just on one side of the knee (medial – inside). We advise customers to check with their physician to make sure an unloader knee brace would be appropriate for their type of arthritis.
- What is the difference between an off-the-shelf knee brace and a custom unloader knee brace? Off-the-shelf knee braces are designed to fit the majority of people. They are also a lot less expensive than custom knee braces. Custom knee braces need to be ordered via prescription and are through a local prosthetic shop – they typically run 3-4 times the cost of an off-the-shelf knee brace, plus fitting fees by the orthotist (often your leg has to be casted first). Because off-the-shelf knee braces are designed to accommodate a range of person sizes, they are more forgiving if your leg changes size (e.g., you gain weight, have knee swelling, or atrophy) than custom knee braces. For these reasons, most people choose off-the-shelf knee braces.
- Does the DonJoy OA Everyday Medial Unloader knee brace have a warranty? Yes. DonJoy, the manufacturer, provides a 12 month warranty on the OA Everyday Medial Unloader knee brace.
- Is the concept of a knee unloader knee brace new? No. Knee unloader braces have been around for decades. It is just recently, however, that they have become affordable to the public in an off-the-shelf design.
- Why do you only sell the "medial" version of this knee brace? Although the manufacturer offers this knee brace in a lateral unloader version (for people with arthritis only on the outside of their knee), we do not carry it here. Our experience is that unloader knee braces do not work well for lateral knee arthritis. In addition, there have been reports of nerve stretch injuries with excessive unloading of the lateral compartment. Our decision to only sell the medial version is in keeping with our general philosophy here at JointHealing: we will only sell products we believe to be effective and safe.
- Are accessories available? Yes. A black lycra undersleeve is available, which will help keep your leg comfortable underneath the knee brace. Please see our knee brace accessory page for more information.
All measurements taken six (6) inches (15 centimeters) above the middle of the kneecap. See our knee brace measuring guide for more information.
For the DonJoy OA Everyday Medial Unloader Knee Brace, we recommend the following sizes (these are exact DonJoy size recommendations):
- Small: 15.5 to 18.5 inches (39 to 47 centimeters)
- Medium: 18.5 to 21 inches (47 to 53 centimeters)
- Large: 21 to 23.5 inches (53 to 60 centimeters)
- X-Large: 23.5 to 26.5 inches (60 to 67 centimeters)
- XX-Large:26.5 to 29.5 inches (67 to 75 centimeters)
If you're having a hard time deciding on size (e.g., your size is right on the line between two sizes), DonJoy provides the following additional sizing guidelines. "Calf" means the circumference of your calf at its greatest width. "Knee center" means the circumference of your knee taken right at the center of the joint (i.e., where your knee bends). Both measurements should be taken with you standing.
- Calf Size: 12 to 14 inches
- Knee Center: 13 to 14 inches
- Calf Size: 14 to 16 inches
- Knee Center:14 to 15 inches
- Calf Size: 16 to 18 inches
- Knee Center: 15 to 17 inches
- Calf Size: 18 to 20 inches
- Knee Center: 17 to 19 inches
- Calf Size: 20 to 22 inches
- Knee Center: 19 to 21 inches