The following item(s) have been added to your basket:
Other People Also Bought:
DonJoy SE-4 Point (Legend) Knee Brace
price match guarantee
Warning: readfile(../../../ss-data/templates/includes/pricematchguarantee): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jointhealing/www/cgi-bin/bo/features.php on line 9
hassle free returns
Warning: readfile(../../../ss-data/templates/includes/hasslefreereturns): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jointhealing/www/cgi-bin/bo/features.php on line 13
Warning: readfile(../../../ss-data/templates/includes/freeshipping): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jointhealing/www/cgi-bin/bo/features.php on line 17
Learn more about this product:
If you want a high quality sports knee brace at a great price, this is it!
For the most severe instability, or for high-performance athletes, the only knee brace you need is the DonJoy SE 4-point to indicate its patented 4-point stability mechanism). We have tested knee braces from most major manufacturers and we are convinced that this one is superior. DonJoy provides the absolute best quality knee braces and is the brand that most surgeons prescribe and most professional teams use. The DonJoy Legend knee brace is designed to provide stability for severe ACL, PCL, MCL, and LCL instabilities. This has been scientifically proven! Beware of other knee brace companies/manufacturers/retailers that make claims about what their knee braces can do without the data to back it up.
Features and Benefits
- ACL (shown), PCL and combined versions feature patented 4-point dynamic leverage system.***
- Low-profile design.
- 7 sizes (ranging from a 13" to 32" thigh).
- 10° extension stop installed
- 6 month warranty on frame and hinge.
- Available only in black.
Options: ACL, PCL, or Combined Instability (CI) strap configurations
Frequently asked questions about the DonJoy SE-4 Point Knee brace include
- What is the difference between this and a custom ACL knee brace such as the DonJoy Defiance? The short answer is, about $600! We have not found any significant difference in performance or comfort between the DonJoy SE-4 Point and any custom knee brace. We have found custom knee braces to be very expensive. They are probably only necessary if you have a very unusual leg shape (such as very large thigh above the knee, and skinny leg below the knee).
- Which sports can the DonJoy SE-4 Point knee brace be used in? We have found the DonJoy SE-4 Point knee brace is excellent for virtually any sport where you need stability and comfort in addition to joint protection. These include: football, soccer, volleyball, tennis, basketball, motocross, baseball, martial arts, water-skiing, and skiing/snowboarding.
- I just had an ACL reconstruction. Is the DonJoy SE-4 Point a "functional brace" that I should get for when I return to sports? Yes! Different surgeons have different feelings about knee brace wear after ACL reconstruction (i.e. some recommend them, some do not find them necessary). So, if you have questions, check with your surgeon. However, if your surgeon does recommend a knee brace (most do), then the DonJoy SE-4 Point is the perfect knee brace for return to high level sports. If you are only going to get back to low level sports (non-contact, etc), then you could probably do well with a smaller knee brace, such as the DonJoy Drytex Hinged Knee Brace.
- I can't decide between the DonJoy SE-4 Point and the DonJoy Playmaker knee brace. What are the differences? Both knee braces are great for contact sports. However, the DonJoy SE-4 Point is less bulky and is cooler; so if you play a lot of summer sports, then the DonJoy SE-4 Point is probably better for you. Because the DonJoy SE-4 Point is lightweight and streamlined, it will slow you down less than any other type of knee brace. The DonJoy SE-4 Point is also designed to control more severe instabilities than the DonJoy Playmaker. All that being said and true, the DonJoy Playmaker IS an excellent knee brace, and is also lower in price than the DonJoy SE-4 Point .
- What are the difference between the 3 types of DonJoy SE-4 Point knee braces? There are 3 versions of the DonJoy SE-4 Point knee brace: the ACL, PCL, and CI (combined instabilities). Basically they are designed to treat isolated ACL tears, isolated PCL tears, or tears of both the ACL and PCL. We currently stock the CI knee brace because it provides you with the absolute best protection you can get for your knee, with this brace. Having been in the business long enough, we can tell you that hundreds of our customers have asked, "Why would I only protect one ligament, when I could protect two for the same price??" We agree. If, however, you would like the ACL or PCL version, please select the version you like and we can have one shipped to you direct from the manufacturer at the same price listed below.
- Do you sell accessories or replacement pads for the DonJoy SE-4 Point ? Absolutely! Please see our Legend accessories page for more information. We carry replacement pads, liners, and also stock the eXtreme impact guard to protect the kneecap for such sports as motocross. If you are looking for special savings on the most common accessories, see our Knee Brace Packages!
- I'm looking for a custom knee brace or other brand of knee brace Please see our Knee Brace Equivalency Guide for more details about which knee braces are similar in function and style to the DonJoy Legend. If you want the absolute top-of-the-line in knee braces, we recommend the brand new DonJoy eXtreme Armor Action Knee Brace.
- What accessories are available? We have an impact guard, flexion/extension stops, and replacement pads and liners available. Please see our Legend accessories page.
- What is the "SE 4-point"? "4-point" indicates DonJoy's patented 4 point stability system to prevent knee subluxations.
All measurements taken six (6) inches (15 centimeters) above the middle of the kneecap. See our knee brace measuring guide for more information.
For the DonJoy SE-4 Point Knee Brace, we recommend the following sizes:
- X-Small: 13 to 15.5 inches (33 to 39 centimeters)
- Small: 15.5 to 18.5 inches (39 to 47 centimeters)
- Medium: 18.5 to 21 inches (47 to 53 centimeters)
- Large: 21 to 23.5 inches (53 to 60 centimeters)
- X-Large: 23.5 to 26.5 inches (60 to 67 centimeters)
- XX-Large: 26.5 to 29.5 inches (67 to 75 centimeters)
- XXX-Large: 29.5 to 32 inches (75 to 83 centimeters)
If you're having a hard time deciding on size (e.g., your size is right on the line between two sizes), DonJoy provides the following additional sizing guidelines. "Calf" means the circumference of your calf at its greatest width. "Knee center" means the circumference of your knee taken right at the center of the joint (i.e., where your knee bends). Both measurements should be taken with you standing.
- Calf Size: 10 to 12 inches
- Knee Center: 12 to 13 inches
- Calf Size: 10 to 12 inches
- Calf Size: 12 to 14 inches
- Knee Center: 13 to 14 inches
- Calf Size: 14 to 16 inches
- Knee Center:14 to 15 inches
- Calf Size: 16 to 18 inches
- Knee Center: 15 to 17 inches
- Calf Size: 18 to 20 inches
- Knee Center: 17 to 19 inches
- Calf Size: 20 to 22 inches
- Knee Center: 19 to 21 inches
- Calf Size: 22 to 24 inches
- Knee Center: 21 to 23 inches
Somewhat uncomfortable wearing it for long periods, but a sleeve alleviates the issue. Very happy overall.