The following item(s) have been added to your basket:
Other People Also Bought:
DonJoy Iceman Classic
price match guarantee
Warning: readfile(../../../ss-data/templates/includes/pricematchguarantee): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jointhealing/www/cgi-bin/bo/features.php on line 9
hassle free returns
Warning: readfile(../../../ss-data/templates/includes/hasslefreereturns): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jointhealing/www/cgi-bin/bo/features.php on line 13
Warning: readfile(../../../ss-data/templates/includes/freeshipping): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jointhealing/www/cgi-bin/bo/features.php on line 17
Learn more about this product:
- Doctor's Comments
The DonJoy IceMan Classic is our premier cold therapy (i.e., cryotherapy) unit. It is a motorized unit that will continuously circulate cold water through its pad to cool your extremity to provide pain relief and swelling reduction. This is a medical-grade item and is frequently prescribed by orthopedic surgeons.
The features of the DonJoy IceMan Classic Cryotherapy Unit include
- Two position locking top
- Water-tight seal
- Inlet temperature control monitoring
- Semi-closed loop system
Below are frequently asked questions that give an overview of cryotherapy and the DonJoy IceMan Classic Cryotherapy Unit.
- What is cryotherapy? Cryotherapy is also known as cold therapy. This is the treatment of pain and/or inflammation by lowering the temperature of the skin over the affected area. It is probably the oldest form of pain control! In addition, it can significantly improve swelling after an injury or surgery.
- What is so special about the IceMan? The IceMan, made by DonJoy, is designed to maintain a constant cool temperature over the joint or extremity where you are having pain. You are able to set the temperature and the device will maintain it constantly by continuously recirculating the icewater flowing to the pad.
- How does it work? It couldn't be simpler! Simply fill the cooler up with ice, and then top it off with water. Apply the pad to wherever you are experiencing pain (it has velcro straps keep the pad in place and conform it to your body). Then simply plug it in, and set the temperature to whatever feels comfortable. You will feel the results immediately!
- Which joints is it best used for? IceMan is suitable for the following areas: knee, shoulder, ankle, thigh, leg/calf, forearm and elbow
- For which problems has this device been used? The IceMan is used by physicians for treatment of all kinds of joint pain and swelling. It has applications in many disorders including acute injury (trauma, dislocation), chronic problems (tendonitis, bursitis), and after surgery to help control swelling and pain.
- What is the advantage of this cryotherapy unit over others on the market? Quite simply, we have tested all the available cold therapy units and found this one to be the best! It maintains a constant temperature. It is quiet. The pad is useful for multiple joints as opposed to many competitor's pads which are only useful for one joint. The quality of the mechanical parts are unsurpassed. Finally, it is made by DonJoy, one of the world's foremost sports medicine product manufacturers.
- Why not just use an icebag? Well, that certainly is an option. However ice bags are messy. They need to be refrozen constantly. They have the capacity to cause skin burns if not used properly. When you are in serious pain, you want one solution, that will provide you consistent relief of your pain, without all the mess and fuss of icebags!
Universal Wrap-On Pad Extended Hose Non-Sterile 10.85" x 11.34"
Universal Wrap-On Pad XL Extended Hose Non-Sterile 12" x 11.34"
McGuire Knee Wrap-On Pad Regular Hose Non-Sterile 10.85" x 11.34"
Shoulder Wrap-On Pad Regular Hose Non-Sterile 14" x 23" x 12.5"
Ankle Wrap-On Pad Regular Hose Non-Sterile n/a
Foot Wrap-On Pad Regular Hose Non-Sterile n/a
Hip Wrap-On Pad, Right Regular Hose Non-Sterile n/a
Hip Wrap-On Pad, Left Regular Hose Non-Sterile n/a
Wrist Cold Pad Regular Hose Non-Sterile 2.9" x 4.2"
This is my favorite cryotherapy unit. My patients rave about its efficacy in decreasing their pain and swelling. Because it wraps all the way around your joint, and is held in place with velcro straps, it is far more effective than ice bags, as well as less messy. In particular, patients undergoing knee or shoulder surgery, as well as those with fractures, have found it to be particularly helpful.