The following item(s) have been added to your basket:
Other People Also Bought:
DonJoy Economy Drytex Hinged Knee Brace
Our DonJoy Drytex economy wrap-around hinged knee brace is designed to give your knee mild to moderate medial-lateral stability. The wrap-around feature makes it easy to fit any size/shape leg. This brace is suitable for people with mild to moderate ACL, MCL, LCL, or PCL injuries, for people who have had surgery on their knee recently, and as protection against injury for those playing contact sports. This brace comes in 4 sizes: All measurements are thigh circumference taken 6 inches (15 cm) above the middle of the kneecap. See our brace measuring guide for more information!
Medium = 17 1/2" to 20" (44.5 - 51 cm)
Large = 20" to 22 1/2" (51 - 57 cm)
XLarge = 22 1/2" to 25 1/2" (57 - 65 cm)
XXLarge = 25 1/2" to 28 1/2" (65 - 72 cm)
price match guarantee
Lowest Price Guarantee
We guarantee prices on all our DonJoy (djOrtho) and Innovation Sports knee braces. This means that if you find the product cheaper, elsewhere, we will refund you 110% of the difference! All you need to do is submit the following form to obtain your best price. We will credit you the 110% difference upon processing your order.
- Competitor's price must be reported to us within 14 days of purchase.
- You must give us information to validate your claim, e.g., web site page, what you clicked on, etc. The product must be purchasable through the competitor's web site or via telephone. It must be in stock, and not an “open-box”, “worn”, or “refurbished” item.
- We will review the information you submitted and credit your card appropriately. We may either alter the amount charged to your credit card on your order, or submit a credit for the difference.
- We do not price match auction sites. We also reserve the right to refuse to beat the competitor's price (When might this happen? We have seen cases where competitors have made an error on their web site and have sold products far below cost, e.g., a $129 brace sold for $12.90). In this situation, we will inform you immediately and give you the opportunity to cancel your order with full refund.
- Competitor must be based in the United States or Canada.
- hassle free returns
Hassle Free Return & Exchange Policy
We want you to have an enjoyable experience shopping at JointHealing.com. Please follow these simple instructions carefully to ensure your highest satisfaction. Failure to follow these instructions could result in refusal of the returned item.
If you have any questions about this policy, please write to Customer Service using our contact us form. We will be happy to answer any of your questions promptly, and guide you through the exchange or return process as needed.
We will accept returns for all products we sell, with the exception of
- JointBuilder Glucosamine — vitamin supplement
- Cryotherapy units — PolarCare Cub, Iceman and DuraKold Units. Returns accepted only for units that are experiencing mechanical malfunction.
- Gift certificates
- We will gladly exchange products that do not fit properly for the appropriate size. We will pay for the shipping of the new product back to you.
- Returns and exchanges must be initiated within 14 days of purchase. For orders placed outside of the continental United States, we will accept returns that are initiated within 30 days of purchase.
- For returns, if you follow the following instructions properly, we will credit you the cost of the brace, minus shipping charge.
Instructions for returns or exchanges
- All products must be in excellent, as-new condition. This means that it is okay for you to try the product on, walk around your home with it, and see how it fits; but it is not okay for you to go play a football game in it then return it. If there is a problem with the quality of your product after you have worn it, then please contact us (see below) and we can assist you in handling the manufacturer's warranty.
- All products must be in their original packaging, with original insert instructions.
- Returns must be initiated within 14 days of purchase. (30 days for orders outside continental U.S.) "Initiated" means that you must contact us to receive a return form, or download this return/exchange worksheet form. See next item.
- You can contact us for a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA), or you can download this return/exchange worksheet form. Please write to Customer Service using our contact us form
- Notice on the return/exchange form the proper address to which to send the product. We recommend that you ship the product by FedEx Insured — this ensures that the product will get back safe and sound, plus we will be able to track it if there are any problems. Shipping the product to us at any address other than the one you were given upon issuance of the RMA will result in an additional $25 processing fee, up to, but not exceeding the cost of your item.
- The product must be received within 10 days of the issue of the RMA, except for international orders, which will be accepted up to 20 days after the form is issued. Failure to receive the product within this time frame could result in refusal of the return.
- Once we have received your product, and documented that it is in excellent condition as detailed above, we will issue a refund to your credit card. This usually takes 21 to 28 days from when we receive the product. We normally send you an e-mail confirming the refund. However, you may not see the refund on your card until the next billing cycle. The refund we issue covers the purchase price of the product, plus tax, if applicable. The shipping charges to you (and back to us) are non-refundable. If the product is not in good condition, we will contact you and make arrangements to send it back to you, if you desire.
- If you sent the product back for an exchange (e.g., wrong size or style, product malfunction), we will send the new product back to you at our cost. This process also takes 21 to 28 days to process. You will receive an e-mail confirming that the new brace has been shipped. If you need the new brace quickly, we will suggest that you order the new brace on our web site immediately. Most braces are in stock and will ship the next business day. Once we receive your return, we will issue a refund to your credit card.
Thank you in advance for your attention to this request.
- free shipping
Free Shipping Offer
New! We are currently offering free ground shipping within the continental United States for all orders over $100.
Unlike many other brace shops on the internet, or even in your hometown, all of our braces are in-stock. This means that all items are usually shipped within 24 business hours of purchase. If we are not able to ship a product to you within 72 hours (for example, it is on backorder from the manufacturer; unfortunately we have no control over those situations), we will notify you by e-mail (be sure to enter a valid e-mail address) or telephone. You then have the option to cancel the order at no cost to you, if you wish, or wait for the product to arrive.
We ship within the Continental United States using US Postal Service (USPS) or FedEx so that all orders can be tracked and are appropriately insured. You may select among the various shipping options (Ground, 2nd Day Air, Next Day Air) in the shopping cart. USPS Priority Mail, our default option, will deliver to most of the U.S. within 2 days! (This is not guaranteed, however. For more urgent matters, we suggest you use FedEx 2nd day or Next Day, which are guaranteed by FedEx.) Upon submission of your order to the shopping cart, you will receive a notice, typically within the next 24-48 hours, indicating that your order has been shipped and specifying your tracking number. Please note that FedEx cannot ship to a P.O. Box or APO; in this case, we please select shipping via USPS.
You can check the status of your order, once it is shipped, by entering your tracking number at the appropriate shipper's tracking site.
Important: Please note that it typically takes up to 24 business hours for our products to be processed in our warehouse. Please keep this in mind when ordering on weekends or holidays. For example, if you order a brace on Saturday morning and request 2nd Day Air, the order will most likely be processed in our warehouse on Monday, and you should receive it by Wednesday. Also important is that special order braces may take up to 48 business hours to be processed by the appropriate manufacturer.
Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is by the USPS; please select this option in our cart. Your order is typically received within 3 days of when we ship it! Again, note that you will not receive a tracking number.
Learn more about this product:
- Doctor's Comments
This DonJoy knee brace is excellent for the support of mild instabilities of the knee, such as for MCL tears, LCL tears, and mild ACL instability. In addition, it can provide support to people with patella (kneecap) problems, and for those who want more control of their knee than the comfort knee sleeve offers. The DonJoy Drytex Hinged Knee Brace can be used for most non-contact sports. For contact sports, or for even more stability, we recommend our DonJoy Playmaker or DonJoy Legend knee braces.
This knee brace is produced by DonJoy, who is one of the leading sports knee brace manufacturers in the world (they are now called "djortho") and an official supplier of the U.S. Ski Team. DonJoy lists this knee brace as their "Drytex economy hinged knee brace — Wraparound — popliteal cutout".
So why did we pick this knee brace over all the others we tested from different manufacturers? Simple:
The Drytex fabric is only produced exclusively for DonJoy. It is a patented Lycra fabric surrounding a nylon core. Drytex is much more comfortable than neoprene, which virtually every other manufacturer uses. In addition it is much more breathable, and therefore less "hot" to wear, especially if you live in a warm climate or are active in sports. Finally, there are people with allergies to neoprene; Drytex is a great solution for them.
The wrap-around design allows it to be fit to knees of many shapes and sizes. In our experience, this wrap-around design can be custom-tailored to fit each patient, as compared to typical "pull-up sleeve designs" that most other manufacturers utilize.
DonJoy is a very respectable knee brace manufacturer with a long history of producing quality products used by athletes all over the world to support and protect their knees. Most orthopedic surgeons recommend this brand of knee brace.
The knee brace just felt better with regards to support than any others we tested.
It sells at a price that simply cannot be beat! We doubt you will find a knee brace of such high quality, with the unique features detailed above, for less. Indeed, we have seen knee braces sold at sporting goods stores that are similar in style (but obviously not as high in quality) for much more. At a medical supply shop, this brace typically retails for $140 or higher.
Frequently asked questions about the DonJoy Drytex Hinged knee brace include
- What color does this come in? All DonJoy Drytex knee braces are sold only in BLACK.
- Why don't you sell the "non-economy" model of the Drytex hinged knee brace? Quite simply, we tried it and we feel it doesn't add much more support than the "economy" model, plus it was more expensive. If you're looking for significantly more support for your knee, try our DonJoy Playmaker knee brace.
- I've noticed your sizes do not match the sizes specified in the DonJoy catalog. Why is that? We think that DonJoy has sized this knee brace too small based on their measurements in their catalog. We have modified the sizing based on our experience with this knee brace to fit you more accurately.
- How does this knee brace compare to the DonJoy Playmaker knee brace? The DonJoy Playmaker provides more support to the knee, and is suitable for contact sports. It also weighs a little more, and also is slightly longer on both the thigh and the calf. These factors, in addition to heavier-duty hinges, are what affords the Playmaker knee brace greater support than the Drytex Economy Hinged knee brace.
For the DonJoy Drytex Hinged Knee Brace, we recommend the following sizes:
Size Measurement Small 14" to 16"
(35.5 - 40.5 cm)
Medium 16" to 19"
(40.5 - 48 cm)
Large 19" to 21 1/2"
(48 - 54.5 cm)
XLarge 21 1/2" to 24 1/2"
(54.5 - 62 cm)
XX-Large 24 1/2" to 28"
(62 - 71 cm)
XXX-Large 28" to 30 1/2"
(71 - 77 cm)
Important note: this knee brace tends to run big.
As a general rule, most men will wear Large or X-Large braces, most women will wear Medium or Large braces. Of course, it depends on the size of your thighs! (don't worry, we keep that information confidential...)
By far, our most popular brace. I love this simple and effective design. The wrap around drytex material is very comfortable. I rarely have a patient who does not like this brace. Lightweight, comfortable an versatile for anything from arthritis to a ligament tear.