The following item(s) have been added to your basket:
Other People Also Bought:
DonJoy Action Armor eXtreme
price match guarantee
Lowest Price Guarantee
We guarantee prices on all our DonJoy (djOrtho) and Innovation Sports knee braces. This means that if you find the product cheaper, elsewhere, we will refund you 110% of the difference! All you need to do is submit the following form to obtain your best price. We will credit you the 110% difference upon processing your order.
- Competitor's price must be reported to us within 14 days of purchase.
- You must give us information to validate your claim, e.g., web site page, what you clicked on, etc. The product must be purchasable through the competitor's web site or via telephone. It must be in stock, and not an “open-box”, “worn”, or “refurbished” item.
- We will review the information you submitted and credit your card appropriately. We may either alter the amount charged to your credit card on your order, or submit a credit for the difference.
- We do not price match auction sites. We also reserve the right to refuse to beat the competitor's price (When might this happen? We have seen cases where competitors have made an error on their web site and have sold products far below cost, e.g., a $129 brace sold for $12.90). In this situation, we will inform you immediately and give you the opportunity to cancel your order with full refund.
- Competitor must be based in the United States or Canada.
- hassle free returns
Hassle Free Return & Exchange Policy
We want you to have an enjoyable experience shopping at JointHealing.com. Please follow these simple instructions carefully to ensure your highest satisfaction. Failure to follow these instructions could result in refusal of the returned item.
If you have any questions about this policy, please write to Customer Service using our contact us form. We will be happy to answer any of your questions promptly, and guide you through the exchange or return process as needed.
We will accept returns for all products we sell, with the exception of
- JointBuilder Glucosamine — vitamin supplement
- Cryotherapy units — PolarCare Cub, Iceman and DuraKold Units. Returns accepted only for units that are experiencing mechanical malfunction.
- Gift certificates
- We will gladly exchange products that do not fit properly for the appropriate size. We will pay for the shipping of the new product back to you.
- Returns and exchanges must be initiated within 14 days of purchase. For orders placed outside of the continental United States, we will accept returns that are initiated within 30 days of purchase.
- For returns, if you follow the following instructions properly, we will credit you the cost of the brace, minus shipping charge.
Instructions for returns or exchanges
- All products must be in excellent, as-new condition. This means that it is okay for you to try the product on, walk around your home with it, and see how it fits; but it is not okay for you to go play a football game in it then return it. If there is a problem with the quality of your product after you have worn it, then please contact us (see below) and we can assist you in handling the manufacturer's warranty.
- All products must be in their original packaging, with original insert instructions.
- Returns must be initiated within 14 days of purchase. (30 days for orders outside continental U.S.) "Initiated" means that you must contact us to receive a return form, or download this return/exchange worksheet form. See next item.
- You can contact us for a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA), or you can download this return/exchange worksheet form. Please write to Customer Service using our contact us form
- Notice on the return/exchange form the proper address to which to send the product. We recommend that you ship the product by FedEx Insured — this ensures that the product will get back safe and sound, plus we will be able to track it if there are any problems. Shipping the product to us at any address other than the one you were given upon issuance of the RMA will result in an additional $25 processing fee, up to, but not exceeding the cost of your item.
- The product must be received within 10 days of the issue of the RMA, except for international orders, which will be accepted up to 20 days after the form is issued. Failure to receive the product within this time frame could result in refusal of the return.
- Once we have received your product, and documented that it is in excellent condition as detailed above, we will issue a refund to your credit card. This usually takes 21 to 28 days from when we receive the product. We normally send you an e-mail confirming the refund. However, you may not see the refund on your card until the next billing cycle. The refund we issue covers the purchase price of the product, plus tax, if applicable. The shipping charges to you (and back to us) are non-refundable. If the product is not in good condition, we will contact you and make arrangements to send it back to you, if you desire.
- If you sent the product back for an exchange (e.g., wrong size or style, product malfunction), we will send the new product back to you at our cost. This process also takes 21 to 28 days to process. You will receive an e-mail confirming that the new brace has been shipped. If you need the new brace quickly, we will suggest that you order the new brace on our web site immediately. Most braces are in stock and will ship the next business day. Once we receive your return, we will issue a refund to your credit card.
Thank you in advance for your attention to this request.
- free shipping
Free Shipping Offer
New! We are currently offering free ground shipping within the continental United States for all orders over $100.
Unlike many other brace shops on the internet, or even in your hometown, all of our braces are in-stock. This means that all items are usually shipped within 24 business hours of purchase. If we are not able to ship a product to you within 72 hours (for example, it is on backorder from the manufacturer; unfortunately we have no control over those situations), we will notify you by e-mail (be sure to enter a valid e-mail address) or telephone. You then have the option to cancel the order at no cost to you, if you wish, or wait for the product to arrive.
We ship within the Continental United States using US Postal Service (USPS) or FedEx so that all orders can be tracked and are appropriately insured. You may select among the various shipping options (Ground, 2nd Day Air, Next Day Air) in the shopping cart. USPS Priority Mail, our default option, will deliver to most of the U.S. within 2 days! (This is not guaranteed, however. For more urgent matters, we suggest you use FedEx 2nd day or Next Day, which are guaranteed by FedEx.) Upon submission of your order to the shopping cart, you will receive a notice, typically within the next 24-48 hours, indicating that your order has been shipped and specifying your tracking number. Please note that FedEx cannot ship to a P.O. Box or APO; in this case, we please select shipping via USPS.
You can check the status of your order, once it is shipped, by entering your tracking number at the appropriate shipper's tracking site.
Important: Please note that it typically takes up to 24 business hours for our products to be processed in our warehouse. Please keep this in mind when ordering on weekends or holidays. For example, if you order a brace on Saturday morning and request 2nd Day Air, the order will most likely be processed in our warehouse on Monday, and you should receive it by Wednesday. Also important is that special order braces may take up to 48 business hours to be processed by the appropriate manufacturer.
Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is by the USPS; please select this option in our cart. Your order is typically received within 3 days of when we ship it! Again, note that you will not receive a tracking number.
Learn more about this product:
- Doctor's Comments
Look no further than the DonJoy eXtreme Action Armor Knee Brace for the absolute, top-of-the-line stability knee brace.
We have worn, tested and carefully inspected the DonJoy eXtreme Action Armor Knee Brace and are convinced that this brace will end the need for custom knee braces for most customers.
DonJoy created this knee brace with extreme athletes in mind: motocross racers, skiers, football players, and others involved in high-impact or contact sports. The company knows what high-level athletes want and have designed their knee braces accordingly. The U.S. Ski and Snowboard teams recognize this, making DonJoy their official brace supplier.
The DonJoy eXtreme Action Armor Knee Brace was designed for mild to severe ligament instabilities including the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), medial cruciate ligament (MCL) and lateral cruciate ligament (LCL). This knee brace is for people of all athletic skill levels, from sedentary to professional athlete. It is recommended for all forms of contact sports, and/or high impact sports.
Features of the DonJoy eXtreme Action Armor Knee Brace include
- Patented 4-point leverage dynamic system. This is DonJoy's exclusive design that controls knee stability superbly.
- Standard anti-migration supracondyle pad. Prevents migration of the knee brace up/down on the leg. Will keep your brace hinges right at the knee where you need them.
- Short calf. Allows use of the brace with ski boots with no significant loss of stability. The eXtreme Action Armor Knee Brace has 2 inches more clearance at the calf for a ski boot as compared to our other popular ski brace, the Legend.
- Moldable frame for a custom fit.
- Low-profile. Fits under pants, dresses, and uniforms.
- 6061 T6 aircraft aluminum frame construction. Provides ultimate strength at an extremely light weight.
- Medial swooping frame with cut-away thigh. Prevents thigh pinching, and allows total clearance of the thigh for sports such as rodeo, motocross, or bike riding.
- Flex-extension control. Ships with 10° stop installed.
- State of the art knee and shin impact guard (optional). Great for motocross racers and other sports where anterior knee and leg impact is a problem.
- Swiveling strap tabs. Allows the straps to move to accomodate different muscle types, sizes, and positions required for various sports. This enhances the fit and suspension of the brace. 15° of motion.
- Sleek, silver-vein special matted powder coat. For added durability of the metal finish.
- One year warranty. Direct from DonJoy on frame and hinge.
- Sport bag included. Carry your brace anywhere, safely.
- I've heard there's also a "ski" version of the DonJoy eXtreme Action Armor Knee Brace. Which knee brace do you carry? We stock the standard version. Both versions are designed for use by skiers; they both have a short calf to allow for clearance on a ski boot. The only thing the Ski version adds is a "medial deflector," which is a pad on the inside of the brace that prevents the brace from locking up with a brace on your other leg if you wear braces on both knees when you ski. HOWEVER, if you wear the brace under your ski pants (like most people do), this doesn't matter since your pants will do this protection. What you lose with the ski version of this knee brace is the supraconydlar pad that prevents brace migration. We feel this is an important feature of this brace that distinguishes it from many others on the market. In addition, the ski version of this knee brace cannot accommodate the anterior knee/shin guard for motocross. For these reasons, we only stock the standard knee brace. If you would like the ski version, we can special order it for you at the same low price! Special orders can typically be processed as fast as a regular order, and we can still rush the brace to you if you desire – please write to Customer Service using our contact us form. If you're a skier, you may also want to consider our donjoy calf pinch guard for this knee brace.
- Which knee brace do you stock? The ACL, PCL or CI? We currently stock the CI, or Combined-Instability brace. This knee brace is useful for both anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) instabilities (in addition to medial cruciate ligament and lateral cruciate ligament, MCL and LCL respectively). We feel this offers the absolute most support and stability. If for some reason you only want an ACL or PCL only version, please write to Customer Service using our contact us form, or call 800-390-1114, and we can special order the version you want at no additional cost. Please note, that the pictures on this site are of the ACL version - the CI version just has a couple extra straps to provide added stability.
- 3. What is the difference between the DonJoy eXtreme Action Armor and DonJoy Legend Knee Brace? The Legend was DonJoy's former top-of-the-line off the shelf knee brace. We still carry it, because it's a great brace. However, the eXtreme Action Armor is even better. It is more rigid, and therefore, provides even more support and stability. The supracondylar ridge helps to keep it in position better. It is designed specifically for skiers and motocross racers as it has a short calf section to allow for ski boot clearance, and has a great optional anterior shin/knee guard for motocross racers.
- Do you have a kneecap/shin guard? Yes, DonJoy has specifically designed the eXtreme Impact Guard for protection of the front of the knee and shin areas, which is invaluable for sports such as motocross.
- Do you have accessories for this brace? Yes, we have an impact guard, calf pinch guard, undergarments, flexion/extension stops and more. Please see our Armor brace accessories page. If you are a skier, consider our DonJoy Ultimate eXtreme skier package for this knee brace.
- Why should I buy from you? Sometimes our customers are able to find a price that's a little lower than ours. But don't be fooled by marketing gimmicks! We have seen some other stores that will occasionally have lower advertised prices than us, but if you look at their shipping charges, you will see that not only are their shipping charges much higher than ours, but that it may take weeks for your brace to arrive. We constantly scour the internet to make sure our products are the least expensive anywhere. If you are an American shopper, be sure to watch out for companies not located in the United States - if there is a problem, the credit card laws (that protect you, the consumer) that apply here in the U.S. may not apply to them. For more information, please read Why you should buy from JointHealing.Com.
All measurements taken six (6) inches (15 centimeters) above the middle of the kneecap. See our brace measuring guide for more information.
For the DonJoy eXtreme Action Armor Knee Brace, we recommend the following sizes (these are exact DonJoy size recommendations):
- Small: 15.5 to 18.5 inches (39 to 47 centimeters)
- Medium: 18.5 to 21 inches (47 to 53 centimeters)
- Large: 21 to 23.5 inches (53 to 60 centimeters)
- X-Large: 23.5 to 26.5 inches (60 to 67 centimeters)
- XX-Large: 26.5 to 29.5 inches (67 to 75 centimeters)
If you're having a hard time deciding on size (e.g., your size is right on the line between two sizes), DonJoy provides the following additional sizing guidelines. "Calf" means the circumference of your calf at its greatest width. "Knee center" means the circumference of your knee taken right at the center of the joint (i.e., where your knee bends). Both measurements should be taken with you standing.
- Calf Size: 12 to 14 inches
- Knee Center: 13 to 14 inches
- Calf Size: 14 to 16 inches
- Knee Center:14 to 15 inches
- Calf Size: 16 to 18 inches
- Knee Center: 15 to 17 inches
- Calf Size: 18 to 20 inches
- Knee Center: 17 to 19 inches
- Calf Size: 20 to 22 inches
- Knee Center: 19 to 21 inches
The DonJoy Extreme Armor is my go-to brace for any of my patients who have had an ACL injury - whether they choose to have a reconstruction or just physical therapy. It is lightweight, comfortable, but very rigid and protects not just against bending forces, but twisting/torque force that can be all too troublesome for anyone with an ACL concern.