The following item(s) have been added to your basket:
Other People Also Bought:
DonJoy Action Armor eXtreme
price match guarantee
Warning: readfile(../../../ss-data/templates/includes/pricematchguarantee): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jointhealing/www/cgi-bin/bo/features.php on line 9
hassle free returns
Warning: readfile(../../../ss-data/templates/includes/hasslefreereturns): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jointhealing/www/cgi-bin/bo/features.php on line 13
Warning: readfile(../../../ss-data/templates/includes/freeshipping): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jointhealing/www/cgi-bin/bo/features.php on line 17
Learn more about this product:
- Doctor's Comments
Look no further than the DonJoy eXtreme Action Armor Knee Brace for the absolute, top-of-the-line stability knee brace.
We have worn, tested and carefully inspected the DonJoy eXtreme Action Armor Knee Brace and are convinced that this brace will end the need for custom knee braces for most customers.
DonJoy created this knee brace with extreme athletes in mind: motocross racers, skiers, football players, and others involved in high-impact or contact sports. The company knows what high-level athletes want and have designed their knee braces accordingly. The U.S. Ski and Snowboard teams recognize this, making DonJoy their official brace supplier.
The DonJoy eXtreme Action Armor Knee Brace was designed for mild to severe ligament instabilities including the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), medial cruciate ligament (MCL) and lateral cruciate ligament (LCL). This knee brace is for people of all athletic skill levels, from sedentary to professional athlete. It is recommended for all forms of contact sports, and/or high impact sports.
Features of the DonJoy eXtreme Action Armor Knee Brace include
- Patented 4-point leverage dynamic system. This is DonJoy's exclusive design that controls knee stability superbly.
- Standard anti-migration supracondyle pad. Prevents migration of the knee brace up/down on the leg. Will keep your brace hinges right at the knee where you need them.
- Short calf. Allows use of the brace with ski boots with no significant loss of stability. The eXtreme Action Armor Knee Brace has 2 inches more clearance at the calf for a ski boot as compared to our other popular ski brace, the Legend.
- Moldable frame for a custom fit.
- Low-profile. Fits under pants, dresses, and uniforms.
- 6061 T6 aircraft aluminum frame construction. Provides ultimate strength at an extremely light weight.
- Medial swooping frame with cut-away thigh. Prevents thigh pinching, and allows total clearance of the thigh for sports such as rodeo, motocross, or bike riding.
- Flex-extension control. Ships with 10° stop installed.
- State of the art knee and shin impact guard (optional). Great for motocross racers and other sports where anterior knee and leg impact is a problem.
- Swiveling strap tabs. Allows the straps to move to accomodate different muscle types, sizes, and positions required for various sports. This enhances the fit and suspension of the brace. 15° of motion.
- Sleek, silver-vein special matted powder coat. For added durability of the metal finish.
- One year warranty. Direct from DonJoy on frame and hinge.
- Sport bag included. Carry your brace anywhere, safely.
- I've heard there's also a "ski" version of the DonJoy eXtreme Action Armor Knee Brace. Which knee brace do you carry? We stock the standard and short version. Both versions are designed for use by skiers; they both have a short calf to allow for clearance on a ski boot. The only thing the Ski version adds is a "medial deflector," which is a pad on the inside of the brace that prevents the brace from locking up with a brace on your other leg if you wear braces on both knees when you ski. HOWEVER, if you wear the brace under your ski pants (like most people do), this doesn't matter since your pants will do this protection. What you lose with the ski version of this knee brace is the supraconydlar pad that prevents brace migration. We feel this is an important feature of this brace that distinguishes it from many others on the market. In addition, the ski version of this knee brace cannot accommodate the anterior knee/shin guard for motocross. For these reasons, we only stock the standard and short knee brace. If you would like the ski version, we can special order it for you at the same low price! Special orders can typically be processed as fast as a regular order, and we can still rush the brace to you if you desire – please write to Customer Service using our contact us form. If you're a skier, you may also want to consider our donjoy calf pinch guard for this knee brace.
- What is the difference between the DonJoy eXtreme Action Armor and DonJoy Legend Knee Brace? The Legend was DonJoy's former top-of-the-line off the shelf knee brace. We still carry it, because it's a great brace. However, the eXtreme Action Armor is even better. It is more rigid, and therefore, provides even more support and stability. The supracondylar ridge helps to keep it in position better. It is designed specifically for skiers and motocross racers as it has a short calf section to allow for ski boot clearance, and has a great optional anterior shin/knee guard for motocross racers.
- Do you have a kneecap/shin guard? Yes, DonJoy has specifically designed the eXtreme Impact Guard for protection of the front of the knee and shin areas, which is invaluable for sports such as motocross.
- Do you have accessories for this brace? Yes, we have an impact guard, calf pinch guard, undergarments, flexion/extension stops and more. Please see our Armor brace accessories page. If you are a skier, consider our DonJoy Ultimate eXtreme skier package for this knee brace.
- Why should I buy from you? Sometimes our customers are able to find a price that's a little lower than ours. But don't be fooled by marketing gimmicks! We have seen some other stores that will occasionally have lower advertised prices than us, but if you look at their shipping charges, you will see that not only are their shipping charges much higher than ours, but that it may take weeks for your brace to arrive. We constantly scour the internet to make sure our products are the least expensive anywhere. If you are an American shopper, be sure to watch out for companies not located in the United States - if there is a problem, the credit card laws (that protect you, the consumer) that apply here in the U.S. may not apply to them. For more information, please read Why you should buy from JointHealing.Com.
All measurements taken six (6) inches (15 centimeters) above the middle of the kneecap. See our brace measuring guide for more information.
For the DonJoy eXtreme Action Armor Knee Brace, we recommend the following sizes (these are exact DonJoy size recommendations):
- Small: 15.5 to 18.5 inches (39 to 47 centimeters)
- Medium: 18.5 to 21 inches (47 to 53 centimeters)
- Large: 21 to 23.5 inches (53 to 60 centimeters)
- X-Large: 23.5 to 26.5 inches (60 to 67 centimeters)
- XX-Large: 26.5 to 29.5 inches (67 to 75 centimeters)
If you're having a hard time deciding on size (e.g., your size is right on the line between two sizes), DonJoy provides the following additional sizing guidelines. "Calf" means the circumference of your calf at its greatest width. "Knee center" means the circumference of your knee taken right at the center of the joint (i.e., where your knee bends). Both measurements should be taken with you standing.
- Calf Size: 12 to 14 inches
- Knee Center: 13 to 14 inches
- Calf Size: 14 to 16 inches
- Knee Center:14 to 15 inches
- Calf Size: 16 to 18 inches
- Knee Center: 15 to 17 inches
- Calf Size: 18 to 20 inches
- Knee Center: 17 to 19 inches
- Calf Size: 20 to 22 inches
- Knee Center: 19 to 21 inches
The DonJoy Extreme Armor is my go-to brace for any of my patients who have had an ACL injury - whether they choose to have a reconstruction or just physical therapy. It is lightweight, comfortable, but very rigid and protects not just against bending forces, but twisting/torque force that can be all too troublesome for anyone with an ACL concern.